Bearville Friends
Welcome to Bearville Friends!
Unfortunately, we have closed down but if you are already a member you can access all the old forum posts if you so wish.

If you are not currently registered, you will not be able to register due to the forum being closed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Stay pawsome!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 34 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:34 am
Top posting users this week

New Years Eve Music

Uh hey, I just need a lot of support right now. :'(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uh hey, I just need a lot of support right now. :'(

Post by ~Athena~ on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:05 am

Hey everyone,

okay, I don't want to be a drama queen here; so I'll just make a long story short. We're pretty much switching schools, and basically not being homeschooled now. So yeah this is a BIG change for me and my siblings. My mom is just going waaay overboard with this. Okay so, for our homeschool; we get a certain amount of funds to spend on classes. So at the beginning of the school year, my mom pretty much forced me into a martial arts class called Tai Kwon Do. At first, I would do anything to not go to classes, I would make fun of the teachers ( i know, i feel bad. ), and I hated it so much! Well, about a month ago, I started to see God show me the way into liking the class. I learned a lot, the teachers became my friends, and I even get to help out a lot now! Well, about a week ago, my mom had this BIG REVALUATION that it would be a totally perfect idea to send us to school!!! Where we'll have no money for outside classes or anything!

-Mom Logic-
Step 1: Force children into class they have no passion for.
Step 2: When they learn to like it, force them to give it up for something they are absolutely afraid of.

I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. I am afraid of going to school, and giving up something I FINALLY found that I like! Just when I was making friends in my old school where I went once a week, just when I was making friends and becoming better at Tai kwon do; NOW she gets this big idea to make us do school?! I just don't understand at all. And for my whole adolescent life, I've been holding back from offending my parents verbally. But I'm about to crack. I really am. I am about to say exactly what I feel, and believe me: it won't be pretty. I still love them I guess...but I just can't stand the idea of this. It's not healthy either. I've barely been eating all week, and I've been trying, really trying to be nicer to everyone, smile more, play classical music on the piano (like my mom wants me to) instead of pop music and more modern stuff (like I want.) but nothing helps. So what should I do? What can I do, besides lock myself in the bathroom, hide in the shower, stuff a cloth in my mouth, and scream my heart out; which I have been doing continuously all week. Should I go along, let my mom live my life until I get enough money to move out, then BAM! I'm half across the world finally living my life? Or should I fight for my decision to continue the classes, possibly making things worse? What? What in the world can I do?! I know this sounds bad, and I'm trying to word it as good as possible; but if anything in here is against the rules, and will get me banned, please tell me so I can edit it. I know it's risky posting this, but I need a lot of help.

Sincerely~
~Athena

P.S. I don't really want to hear, "Oh but your mom loves you and she's doing you a favor!!!" or anything like that, no offense. I need to know what I can do better. To become a person that my mom will listen to.

~Athena~

Back to top Go down

Re: Uh hey, I just need a lot of support right now. :'(

Post by Cloudy! on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 am

Explain to your mom how you feel.

♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬♫ ♬

^Thanks Linnxx(;^
Cloudy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreva on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 pm

I know, our parents try to control our lives sometimes.

She thinks that she is doing what's right, but didn't ask you how you feel. Just as Cloudy said, tell your mom how you feel. It is the best choice.

Rules-Homepage-F.A.Q.-My Profile-Bearville-Official BABW Site-
Foreva

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 am

Talk to your mom as the others above me have said. She believes that her decision will be good for both yourself and your siblings. Try to be calm when you talk to her- try not to lose it because if you start shouting at her/being rude then she won't listen to you and you'll make the whole situation much worse for yourself.

Maybe you could make a compromise with her? It's not fair that she is making you give up something that you enjoy and forcing you to go to school. For example, you could tell her that you'll only go to school if she'll let you continue going to the martial arts class. Tell her that you are afraid of going to school and also giving up something that you really like, but that you are prepared to go to school if you she will allow you to continue attending Taekwondo.

You shouldn't be afraid of going to school. Think of it this way: School is a place where you will meet many new friends that you'll be able to talk to and ask for advice. Teachers will also be there to help you sort out any future problems. You will be able to learn from other's and your own mistakes (socially and educationally). You'll get used to the way school works very quickly, I promise you.

I have a friend who was sort of in the same situation as you. Her mum decided one year that she was to go to school. She was absolutely terrified of the idea of going to school. She thought she was going to get bullied, she wasn't going to cope and she made herself really ill. But that wasn't the case at all. The teachers and students all helped her settle in nicely, and she soon got used to it. Of course she had a few moments where she thought she wouldn't be 'accepted' but she got over those. Today, she's one of the most happiest, most friendly people I know. She doesn't like school very much (mainly because we get way too much homework), but she's not afraid of it anymore (:

I really hope that your situation gets better and that huge amount of writing that I just wrote above, helped you just a little bit, good luck Smile

Thank you bellak for my avatar c;
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top